• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell me if it's my Corsair(1.1v) or board(4PCA3+)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc_newbee

Yestarday after testing my ram out on each dimm of the motherboard. I came across this weird acting between my Corsair(rev 1.1) and my board(4PCA3+). I have 2x 256 Corsair pc3500 v1.1(bh-5), Lets say first ram is ram "A", the second one is ram "B".

Ok, ram "A" would work great if I put it in dimm1 of the mobo, but if I slap it in dimm3 or dimm4, it will not even boot(even underclock). I haven't try dimm2 yet, but it's weird that only dimm1 would work for that ram and not dimm3/4. But ram "B" will work in every dimm on the motherboard with no problem. Inoder to use dual channel, I have to use ram "A" in dimm1 and ram "B" in dimm3(can't do vice versa). I can't say that ram "A" is bad, by itself in dimm1, I can get it up to 249fsb 1:1 2-2-2-5 @3.3v. Together in dual I can get it up to 247fsb 1:1 2-2-2-5 @3.3v.

Is it something to do with that ram and the board or is it something with one of them. To bad I don't have another board to try that ram on. So, what do ya'll think happen here.

Last edited:
the problem is, why wouldn't the ram work on dimm3/dimm4, but work only on dimm1. I'm not comlaining or anything, I just want to point out that my ram and board act pretty weird on certain dimm slot. I'm just curious if anyone have ever experience anything like this that's all.

Strida said:
It is your motherboard.

I'm not sure what the problem here. I can't say it's my mobo either since the second stick of ram I have will work on any of my dimm slot.

Maybe it's just that one particular ram with this board and the dimm slot 3/4(I dunno).

Back