• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which HSF should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

ok i have two options, the Coolermaster Aero 7+ or the Coolermaster Jet 7. In terms of performance and which one will cool the best, what would be your suggestions to which one i should get?

I only know these from several reviews, which pretty much say the same thing: jet 7 looks cool but has a mediocre heat sink and a really loud fan (43Db or something), the aero 7+ is much quieter by comparison but does less well cooling. If you are able to, I would recommend a Thermalright heatsink, either the SLK 800 or 900, and put your Smartfan on top of it (which is what I did). Set the fan to manual control if you push your overclock so you can boost the fan before heating things up.

if u have an sp-94, what is the point of getting a worse heatsink? the sp-94 owns all other heatsinks....

What SSS and daliman said... Don't get one of those lil cool master pieces... A nice big hunk of copper, heatpiping, big fan goodness would do much better.

the thing is i live in chile. aka not many buying options. this is for my other pc, for my barton 3000+, anyway already decided on the jet 7

Back