• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for good 80mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can get quiet (low speed) 80mm fans just about anywhere. 2x80mm on intake and the 120mm on exhaust should work just fine. If you want super quiet look for a Panaflo L1A fan.

Hipster, are running a fan controller.If so I would go with the Panaflo H1A 80mm fans.With the high output fans you can adjust them.The L1A,s are very low CFM,they may not have enough CFM to do the job. THE FANMAN:cool:

FAN LINK

ALL 3 LINK

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that the 120mm will move more air than the two 80mm's. You might want to consider equalizing airflow by doing a little modding on the front of the case, and putting a 120mm in the front as an intake. Helps on the noise, and should be better for cooling.

Hey that's great! thanks for the links, I also did a search and found Case-Mod.com which has alot of cooooooool stuff. This stuff is high quality and yet costs less than the cheap stuff locally. I was reading the specs. on the one I bought and on the good ones, man, what a diff! less $ 2-3x's the cfm and quieter too! Yeah baby! I like this hobby fur shur! To bad it only happens every 18 mos.or so. Fanman, I was thinking of maybe installing some type of controller because I will have 2- 5.25 slots available and I thought it would dress it up a bit. I'll be using a P4P800 Deluxe and I'm not sure if I could/would hook them up to the MB? Also though it may be alittle early to think about, I,ve seen/read about the upper vent/fan/blowhole. Sounds like a very good idea/design, though I'd have to find a new shelf.hehe

stool said:
I'm willing to bet that the 120mm will move more air than the two 80mm's. You might want to consider equalizing airflow by doing a little modding on the front of the case, and putting a 120mm in the front as an intake. Helps on the noise, and should be better for cooling.
That's a thought? I'll have to go take a look.

I didn't actually see your case on that 1st thread though I understand, so you remove the grids and it helps uh? geez I could do that no problem on the front 2-80mm ( I don't think I could mod "this case" upfront to 120mm because the fans mount to the inside in front of HDD cage and the mod would take out the cage) Do you recommend removing the rear 120mm fan grid as well? What would I do for aestetics though? Not that it would show anyways. The other "BIG" factor I forgot to mention is that I'll be getting my Fortron 530w tommorrow http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-104-968&catalog=58&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0 and That thing might just defeat any noise reduction attempts anyways. But the new fans will work good for the increased air flow anyways. I'll have to check out that thread of yours fanman more in detail, Thanks

Geez, I guess I'll have to start modding tomorrow, I'll open up all 3 fan grids. Maybe after I get this thing up and running, I'll mess around with the side door. Should add a fan to help cool vid card (ATI-AIW9000pro) and cpu area. Maybe go wild and put a piece of 1/8 or 1/4 lexan on it also. It scratches easy though-couple years ago I made a tractor cab for my JD tractor for plowing the snow, Operational doors and even Wiper motor until I ran it a few times over that lexan!!! Then I had an obscured view after that. Man I paid $90. for a 4'x8' sheet of that stuff! Oh well

Oh I forgot one thing which you probably know anyways but whenever I cut laminates or plexi's I pretape & then cut with a sabre saw w/fine blade. I know, it does "gum up abit". And what about that side door fan, you're blowing the air into/at the cpu/fan this is blowing the air away from correct?><?
Oh, I just read that the cpu fan blows air inwards/towards the cpu so the side fan would be a plus+. Then when all is done, I should test some how?? for positive pressure (more air coming in than leaving) correct?

Last edited:
Thin 120mm fan, combined with a little surgery on the drive cage, will get you what you need and also give you hard drive cooling. Adda and Elina make fairly decent fans that are thin enough. I always remove all the case grids, and replace them with fan guards.
As to a window, look in the Alternate Modding section. You'll get plenty of ideas. Lots of different clear acrylics around these days, and hopefully you won't run your case over with your tractor. For straight cuts, you can pick up a cutter at a home store for a couple of bucks. Neat, sharp cuts with no gumming up.

Back