• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a locked Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billobob0

Registered
Hi. I have a Barton 2500 with the stepping AQXEA0347WPMW. I know that this is one of the locked CPUs, but I was curious how high people were getting FSB's to go with the locked Bartons? I will be using the Kingston HyperX 3000 memory w/ BH-5 chips, the NF7-S, and probably a thermalright sp-97. How easy is it to get 220 FSB with this setup? Is 230 even possible? Thanks.

I am surprised to learn that a stick of memory polulated with Winbond BH-5 chips is only rated as PC3000. that seems rather conservative considering we are living in times where most RAM manufacturers exagerate their sticks capabilities.

You have a similar setup to mine, other than the cooling. I can hit 220 FSB *Stable* without loosening the timings so much as to offset the benefit from the higher FSB. It takes 2.9Vdimm to do it, but it can be done. I have not been able to run 230 FSB *Stable* so far, without retarding my timings further than I care to go.

*Stable* = Passes MemTest86, then Passes 3D Mark 2001se and lastly Passes Prime95 Torture Priority 10.

Hoot

Back