• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ OC crapping out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

polarys425

well, it seems as though my 2500+ didnt like 2.0v. i had a feeling i shouldnt have pushed it that high, but the temps were still good, so i said what the hell.

well now i've had to back the speed back down to pass prime95 whereas it passed with flying colors before. now it wont even do 2.0ghz without increasing the voltage.

damn shame for an unlocked barton

I would unplug everything, let it cool down overnight, reset the CMOS, then give it a go again in the morning...

When this happened to me, letting everything cool off overnight and clearing the CMOS fixed the problem.

Hm... according to hitechjb1, highest attainable stable Overclock cannot be reduced within months provided on die CPU temperature is kept under 65 C.

However: CPU weak spots not discovered during manufacturing stress tests may lead to permanent failure sooner than average.

Back