• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OC Barton 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

alright guys, ive got a barton 3000+ unlocked and im going to change the multiplier from 13 which is default to 15 (just the way they did at at toms hardware) But, I want to know what voltage i should put on the core, cause i want to set that with the wire mod too.

anybody help, id appreciate it
here is a link to where im getting my reference to do the wire trick

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

I would just set voltage in BIOS. That way you can adjust it according to your needs...

should set the fsb to 166 on the bios or with the wire trick? does it make any difference?

All right.

Here's what's up: MHz speed = [FSB] x multiplier.

The wire trick is used to allow you to get a higher range (13 and higher) multipliers or lower range (12.5 and lower multipliers) only if your mobo can't post them for already unlocked CPUs.

The average overclock for this CPU is 2.3 GHz. That means with your FSB overclocked in BIOS to over 180 FSB

you need the lower range of multipliers. If you can post the lower range multipliers, you do not need the wire trick. Definitely do not use the wire trick to set FSB or voltage. Use BIOS.

Be sure to read mobo manual and something like this
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207088
thoroughly before messing with expensive CPUs like the 3000+ which by the way overclocks similar to 2500+ with average setups.

Ask any q's you have right here in this thread as Tom's hardware sucks biggg time as far as AMD info is concerned.

alright, i wanna do the wire trick cause the mobo doesnt post multipliers higher than 13, even though cpu is unlocked. the thing is, if i set the multiplier to 15 with wire trick from ocinside without setting a vcore also through wire trick, wouldn't my computer just NOT boot? so i suppose i would have to set a certain voltage for the sucker to get power and work....

Back