• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phiber

hooked up a 1700+ dut3c juihb 0309 up to my bench which is nf7-s + pc3200 hyperx memory.... got up to 2278mhz before errors in prime

what puzzles me is the fact that at multiplier 11 the FSB only went up to 168
and at 11.5 it went to 169
and at 12 it went to like 189.... why that big of a jump in FSB? i dont mind but still it confuses me. :cool:

TBreds with a 133mhz bus are just weird with FSB's. Mine would do single channel up to 215, but couldn't break 198 with dual. Did the L12 mod and I could do dual (same memory stics) at 215. Kinda a funny Tbred/NF7 thing.

Make sure you do the L12 mod if you're going to do some serious OC'ing! :D

The L12 bridges set the default CPU FSB. modding that to read 166 instead of 133 can resolve some multiplier/fsb related issues

why owuld making it read at 166 as upposed to 133 when its running at well over 200 matter, anyway?

sometimes a mobo will not work properly when you're trying to use higher FSB, setting the default FSB to 166 resolves this issue and then you can use high FSB w/o a problem

can you post a link or a tutorial on how to do a mod? thanks. its the first time i heard of it. probabyl why i couldnt get my xp1700 dut3c any higher than 2ghz.

thanks.

Interesting reading. I happen to have the exact same 1700 in my spare parts drawer, week 0304 though, and also an NF7s 1.1 in the same drawer. I'm still looking for a cheap case and p/s plus some RAM so I can turn it into a folding server. I guess I better look into the L12 mod myself.

Back