• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cautious Optimism (it's ALIVE!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

Well, after all my whining, I'm am now Prime95 stable for over 12 hours. Apparently bumping the Vcore to 1.775 (or was that 1.8? I forget) and the DDR to 2.8 did the trick. It's still running and I'll be home in another 8 hours or so but I really expect it to still be happy.

Voltage according to MBM is 1.85 more or less which figures since the 12 volt rail is really around 12.62. The Diode is running from 48C to 50C, which is ok I think. I'll run memtest86 for a few hours after I get home but I wasn't having trouble with that one before and expect the same.

I guess my mb/cpu just wants a bit more voltage than some others folks but if it's is happy at this voltage then that is what it gets. After all, it's Ersatide! (David Edding reference for all you fantasy fans). HAPPY ERSATIDE EVERYONE! Or Christmas or Kwanzaa or Chanukah or Boxing Day, or Winter Solistice Festival. I'm going to wrap the PC in a nice big bow and give it to myself.

Your temps are fine - I say again and again, stability is the key issue at hand. Temps are only dangerous if it begins to affect stability...

Again, congrats!

True, but I'd rather not run at 1.8 if I can avoid it. Maybe something will burn out in 8 years rather than 10.

It did run fine for 14 hours at 11*200 @1.8. I figured that I'd knock it back to 1.775 and lower the mult to 10 and raise FSB to 215. Since 200*11 should be equivalent to 220*10, knocking off the 5 on FSB might be stable at 1.775. Well, that's my theory. It's running P95 now; I'll know more in the morning.

Back