• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2200 arrives!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I could be wrong, so don't get mad . I do not think you got a "B" I see no "B" in the stepping code anywhere

like on my 1800 it was JUIXB
my 1700 it JUIHB.

Not sure but I think you got an "A"

I could be wrong though

For some reason, I think that chip is worse than a thoroughbred 'A'. I think it's a Palomino!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, I changed my mind, I think it is a thorton core. It's a barton with half the cache disabled.

it is a thorton. might even be a locked one too
run GCPUID (my sig) to determine the exact chip

i just had a look at the third sticky down its def a thoroughbred according to that......now im really cacking myself. if its a pali someones gonna die.
i'll check it out with cpu id.still running the thunderbird at the moment.

I can gurantee its niether a palomino nor TBred ;) its a Thorton. it has a Barton stepping and starts w/ AXDC

The L2s are responsible for the cache, you should have of them cut. thing is you have a week 39 chip that MIGHT be locked. There's no way of knowing w/o testing it. If its unlocked then just reconnecting that bridge will get you a barton, but if its locked then you won't be able to unlock the cache

ok gonna be cheeky people some how i forgot to order a 400 watt psu,yep i know!.
will my current 235watt run the 2200 for a while until i can get another. or does it not provide enough juice?
cause the chip is sitting here and i'm not gonna fit it if it wont run.
i'd rather wait if i have to.

Well if it runs ur Tbird it should be able to run the thorton, I'm not sure how long it will be able to hold tho.

if that PSU wont do it, you'll know.

freezing, random rebooting, unstable........

all PSU's arent equal, and it could be the 235w you have may be capable of 300w and is merely underated. its not likely, but possible.

hi,
well its working fine at the moment. its been left folding for about 8 hours at the most and all is well. will try more intensive stuff when i get time.
still gonna invest in a new one though as i now want a new graphics card!!
must say i'm chuffed to bits,many thanks everyone.
hope you all had a good christmas....i did:D

Back