• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime 95 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micoyote1

Registered
I have my rig ( a7n8x-x rev. 2....2700+ T\B.... elixer pc3200 memory...o\c'ed to11.5 @ 200 = 2305) overclocked now to were it seems preaty stable...I can play games like max payne 2 and unreal 2003 for over an hour and no problems. I ran Burn in test 3.2 and at full load temps were 37c...ran sandra 2004 burn in and no problems, but when I run prime 95 I get FATAL ERROR: rounding was 0.5, exspected less the 0.4....what gives here? I am a newbie to Prime 95...what am I doing wrong?

You need to up your vcore. Processors need more juice to run Prime95 stably. Up your vcore by one increment, save and reboot and try again. Lather, rinse, repeat until you don't get any more rounding errors.

Don't exceed 1.9v or thereabouts, and keep an eye on your core temps-keep em under 60 C.

Well I set the bios vcore voltage to 1.725 and got prime 95 to run. I am using Asus probe to monitor tems and voltage on the board. My temps went up to 50c and the vcore voltage stayed around 1.8, but the +12v went up to 13.2 or so which is out of the 10% threshold that asus probe has as a defult setting. Does this +12v matter and are my temps and vcore voltage doing O.K. at this point?

Ditch the Asus Probe and use Motherboard Monitor 5.

If you set the Vcore to 1.725 and the reading is 1.8V then the mobo is overvolting by A LOT.

Try using MBM and see what your voltages are like. Then increase the Vcore a bit.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up on asus probe. I installed MBM5 (thanks for posting a link :thup: ) and compared it with asus probe while running prime 95 and you where right it did read different ...probe was jumping around while MBM5 was very stable...great call. I ran it over night which was about 12 hours and no problems..... the only thing that seems out of place is the vcore volts, it's set at 1.725 in bios, but shows up on probe and MBM5 as 1.81 volts and stays there under full load and while idel.....Is that O.K. or is the something out of wack here.

I am at 11.5 x 200 = 2305 @ 1.725 volts....31c Idel and 53c full load with prime 95 12+ hours.

I have a 2800+ barton ordered and it will be here on friday...not sure if it's locked or unlocked. Do you think I will be able to hit 2305 with it?

Thanks again ya'll:santa:

"This place is better than any book!!!"

Last edited:
Back