• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBred A or B core with retail HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_biggs

Right now, I have a TBred A 1800+ with the included HSF. At the moment, I don't have that much money, and wanted to know, would it be smarter to buy a better HSF for it, or buy a 2100+ B and use the same HSF on it?

I'm guessing you're trying to overclock? If so I would get a better HS since the stock HS is a POS.

The only downside to Tbred A is that you need quite a bit of voltage to get it up high. I had to use 1.9V to get my 1700+ A up to ~2GHz I think.

the overclocking ability of the A's is very low, so unless your having heat problems i wouldnt bother buying a better heatsink for it.

however given how sad the OEM heatsinks are, even if you get a 2100+ retail, its not gonna overclock much on the retail heatsink.

my suggestion would be get the 2100+ or any other good stepping B core (1700+, etc) and then get a better heatsink later when money allows because unlocked tbreds are drying up fast.

Back