• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coke2003

Hi,i having problem when i overclock my AMD 2000XP
plz help....
currently using 2000xp and soltek mother board,i try to overclock to 220FSB multiper at 10x but it fall.

The most i can go only 200FSB with 10x multiper and i m using Kingston PC3200 (256mbx2) runing dual channel timing at
6-3-3-2

Can i go any higher?

Plz give me some advise
Tks

Yes, the 2000+ needs to be a T-Bred B or (unlocked) Thorton 2000+, not Palomino or T-Bred A 2000+.

Soltek needs to be nForce2 Soltek with PCI lock.

Name brand Power Supply. (very important for OCing)

2000+ retail cooling is no good for major overclocks like that, you need non-rtail (preferably all copper) cooling.

RAM needs to be able to do 220 FSB, you find this out by lowering the multiplier really low and then push the FSB up to see what the RAM FSB limits are, some can only go high with 6-3-3-2.5 (but 2 is better, yes)

Increase of Vdimm and Vcore voltage (and temperature as a result).

tks for the reply i m using Antec 400w PSU
and using full copper heat sink with 500 rpm fan
sry i cant remember the brand of the fan
i try to do it at 210x10 but when i restart the computor it only show 1250mhz with 100mb of speed in ram
the temperature show only 41...
is there any way that i can do it to up the FSB any more?

You say that when you restart it displays your running at 1250MHz? It sounds like you havent removed the FSB jumper from your motherboard.

Craig

It should be at 133, it sounds like its set to 100 at the moment?

Back