• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory compatibility problems (NF2ULTRA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wierdAL

Registered
hi all i just bought myself an epox rda+ rev.2.1 and i have problems with my ram, it wont run stable at it's rated speed, i have 2x512mb twinmos/ch-5, the run fine on my other board wich is abit nf7s rev1.2 (NF2-NonULTRA), can this compatibility problem be solved with a new bios or something...

Well, there was a new BIOS recently that was supposed to clear up memory compatability issues. The only issues that I know of was with Kingston HyperX memory, but I haven't seen any issues yet with mine. The latest BIOS for this board is the 3a17. You can get this off the main Epox website.

tryed everything and it doesn't seem to help, i relaxed the timings, tryed 2.5, and 3.0 doesnt help, iguess i'll just have to keep this ram in my other board, thank's for the help

Have you another stick of generic type or just something else that you can post with? If so set your bios memory settings for that particular ram, shutdown and install the twinmos. Then when you start up it is supposed to run ok, even being able to adjust your timing like normal.

i can post (dunno how high, and i didn't even try since it doesnt even work at 200fsb stable), but the darn thing just isnt stable,

well i got it running now at 2.5-4-4-8 anything else, not stable
i'm buying new ram for this board so i kinda stopped bugging with the problem ;)

well i tryed 1x512mb twinmos and 1x256 corsair value ram and now it works fine, but i dont like the idea 1x256@1x512

Back