• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S PCI Lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiMpShiN

Does the abit nf7-s motherboard have pci lock if you get the fsb too high it wont harm any of the components on the pci slots like the asus a7n8x?

The default PCI setting is 66mhz but you can increase it in the bios if you want to. So to answer your question, yes it does have the pci lock.

Im not sure, but, isn't the option in the bios for the AGP frequency for the PCI bus also but divided by 2?

I.E.
66mhz AGP /2 = 33?

Carmine_Paterno said:
Im not sure, but, isn't the option in the bios for the AGP frequency for the PCI bus also but divided by 2?

I.E.
66mhz AGP /2 = 33?

I believe your referring to the dividers which if you set at 3/3,4/4,5/5 and 6/6 are in sync meaning 1/1 for CPU ram.. so doing either of those settings that are equal will lock the PCI bus at 33.. Theres another selection above that i believe which is for the AGP. Starts at 66Mhz default and can go up to 99.

maxima88 said:
The default PCI setting is 66mhz but you can increase it in the bios if you want to. So to answer your question, yes it does have the pci lock.

I stand corrected. The AGP freq is set to 66mhz but can be changed. But the PCI freq is locked at 33mhz.

Thanks knownkiller for pointing that out.

Back