• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yet another NF-7 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaggedsphere

Registered
I am wishing to get this board but I must know if I can still use my old hard drives....I just learned that this board supports SATA(wich I just learned about) both of me 'old' HDs are that wide rectangle shaped connectors....is this what is called IDE?
thanks

Yes, it supports IDE devices. Up to 4 to be exact if you use the IDE
Connectors. The NF7-S is the mobo that has the "S"ATA option.

Nothing to worry about. This board supports both kinds. And you are correct, the wide rectangle shaped connector is for an IDE drive.

Do you know anything else about your current hardware? Is your old hdd 7200rpm? What about your RAM?

WELCOME to the O/C forums!

I belive I got a 40gig 5400 and an 80gig 7200 no ram yet....itll be something 3200 I guess....any suggestions for some one who wants to get into OCing? Ill prob get a 2600+ so my rig will b
Abit NF7S
XP 2600+
and ____RAM?
been about 4 years or more since an upgrade.....

Try to get at least Cas 2 PC3500 RAM if you really want to go top shelf FSB speeds.

Back