• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle an35n driver install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sksarfal

I am trying to install the drivers in my new computer for the motherboard. I have win98 and only 1 cd drive. I start install and it asks me to provide the win98 cd. I remove the shuttle cd and put in win98 and I can not get any further. The screen says that the shuttle cd is still there even though the directories are from the win98 cd. I click continue and it just loops back. Any ideas?

Its because it thinks you have the Shuttle Cd in there. Change the entry to read your CD drive manually or use the Browse option so it reads X:\Win98 where X is your CD drive. Otherwise tell it to skip the file and do it after you finish like Quailane said.

Regards, Balrog

Yeah, copy all the cabs off the CD onto the hard drive. They don't take up much space and it makes things a lot easier when you're switching drivers and hardware.

You could just download drivers from nvidia's website and forget the hassle of the cd drive.

Quailane said:
You could just download drivers from nvidia's website and forget the hassle of the cd drive.

Often times with windows 98, the windows CD is required to install devices as well as the driver. It will even ask for the CD when you already have the exact same drivers installed. 98 is weird like that.

This is what we did at the college

In the windows/options folder make a cabs folder

in that cabs folder, goto your X:/win98 folder, x being your cd rom drive, and copy everything over and dump it in that new cabs folder. When it asks for the win98 cd, point it to windows/options/cabs.

Back