• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences of NF7-S version 1.2 and 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

From the sticky I get the LEDs are different and 1.2 and 2.0 both have the mounting holes around the socket but what else? It says something about 1.2 not supporting 400 FSB does that mean it will not run it period or just isn't "supposed" to? How about overclocking, are they about equal?

According to my knowledge, the Rev1.2 boards support up to 333FSB. I have read a few reviews of it supporting 400FSB "unofficial". So I guess you can say no, the Rev1.2 boards don't support 400FSB.

As for OCing, I really can't say, but I would guess that Rev1.2 could get the same OC's.

The Rev2 uses the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset, while earlier revisions use the normal nForce2 chipset. That's why older revisions don't have 400mhz FSB support. The Rev2 therefore is much better for FSB overclocking.

Back