• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible bios problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

I just recieved some a new nf7-s and mushkin pc3500. im having trouble keeping it stable with 200x11. I've tried a vcore of 1.65, 1.75, and 1.9 and i still get errors. My max temp is under 40 C load. i left my bios settings the way they were and i think thats holding me back so anyone have a list of optimal settings or a guide for all the bios commands for an nf7-s?

Try to losen the timings on the ram. Also, I had a lot of trouble when I had PCI enhance (or something like that) turned on. Disabling it gave me 20 more mhz FSB.

i have 2-2-2-11 timings but i think it came default 2-2-2-5

2-2-2-11 is close to being the most aggressive setting possible.

Try 11-3-3-2.5 and if it works then start adjusting the setting one at 1 time like 11-3-3-2 and then 11-2-3-2 and so on.

Default RAM setting is always more relaxed than 11-2-2-2.

hmmm ok i thought it was a bit loser so i tried 2-2-2-6 so far so good (passed where it failed b4 so far) also i was wonering if the nf7 temp was accurate? im getting really low temps but i also added a fan shroud and shoter tubing to my water-cooling so im not sure. i had the default 1.65 vcore and i get 31 idle 34 load and with a 1.9 vcore i get 34 idle and 38 load. before with my old kd7-raid my temps would go from 34 idle to 42 idle with a 1.9 vcore.

2-2-2-5 was the default setting.

ohh and what is the cmd line for getting the small text in my sig?

Last edited:
hmmm prime 95 fails everytime at 15 mins of running it and i have 1 error ;/. i tried again and now it can't even run 1 minute without failing ;/ man i must be really dumb or something.

does it matter which slot i put the ram in? i have it in slot 1 currently. i only have 1 stick of 512

I Think you got some other problem rather than with your memory.
200x11 is not really pushin that baby!
What bios and what settings are you using?

Jibby why are you pushing your cpu so hard so fast? it prolly can't handle it...

start off with 9.5x200 and keep incrementing the fsb....

start filling mem slots from furthest(from cpu) to closest...

also this board reports cpu socket temps, not cpu diode temps...

I had a bad stick of ram. its running really nicely but its so unstable its really bad. i can't even run at rated speeds. my stick of crucial 2700 is running more stable at 200 fsb then the mushkin was. good thing i live 40 mins away from mushkin headquarters :D

Back