• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7n8x Cop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXCeSS

On my mobo's package it advertises COP and i would like to use this function as i have a wcing setup and this could save me if my pump fails. Ive looked in my bois but found nothing as far as cpu overheating protection goes.

If you have this mobo, could you please tell me how to turn on COP?

ive got the a7n8x dlx and i think the COP is not something you can turn on or off. i'm pretty sure that it is just there, on. so you could test it by turning off your hsf and see if your computer shuts down or fries, but there's gotta be a better way. are you sure you looked all over in the BIOS for it?

It works fine, I found out the hard way when i installed the heatsink crooked. I reseated the heatsink and it started up fine. It has been running flawless ever since.

The other day I turned off my pump deliberatly to see if COP works, I also have MBM installen with shutdown now! but the thing is with SHDN is that for it to work ok you need to purchase it, since it's no freeware. So my cpu started to overheat and i got this "advertisement" from SHDN before it did anything I had to click and ackowledge that. So that doesn't work for me.

I turned off SHDN and did the same thing. COP seems to turn off the pc after a certain value, but it reboots automatically too,and keeps rebooting, so if my pump fails I'm screwed I guess. Good thing that I'm the only one using this PC so it's not that big a deal.

thanks!

This Brutus is a much better program to do this than Shutdown now. As it is completely freeware, so no hassle of upgradin or buying after you trial period has run out.

Thanks!

Too bad I use AsusProbe and when my watercooling pumps failed, my northbridge fried. The proc was fine, and yes, I did adjust the temps on AsusProbe.

No problem Hawker-rider,

In fact I'd like to thank you as well for pointing out that "shutdown now" would popup an advertisement when it "runs out". I wasn't aware of this, tested it out, and sure enough "ADVERTISEMENT" instead of shutdown. Asked some buddies of mine, and found out about the Brutus shutdown program and installed it and works fine.

So thank you for letting me know I needed help to ;)

when i first installed my cpu in my a7n8x (i had a black dragon), everything was fine and dandy. then one day when i was playing around, i unwittingly knocked the heatsink off the clips. after trying to start without realizing what was going on, i looked it up. the power off protection kicks in at 65, maybe 70c. that's not enough to cause permanent damage, as long as you don't be an idiot like i almost was and keep trying to resart the computer. it works very well, to the point that is was very hard to get my watercooling setup right.

Back