• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

friendly OCer needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

If someone could give me their aim name or some instant messaging service # that would be really great. i need help overclocking my nf7-s. i can't get it stable at 200x11. it ran 4 hrs of prime b4 it failed. ive tried loosening the timings and upping the chipset voltage to 1.7 and the VDIMM to 2.7.

might help

What is your Vcore voltage at? mine will run at 200 FSB with 1.7 Vcore.

E

I've tried 1.65 1.7 1.75 1.85 and 1.9 and always fails although 1.75 lasted for 4 hrs while the others lasted about 25 minutes. Should i leave my computer alone while prime runs? i noticed it fails if i open a program such as aol instant messenger.

i think it might ahve something to do with my bios too. i have bios revision 19.

Do not know

You are beyond my overclocking skills at this point. I run around 1.7 Vcore at 200 fsb at 2.2gz air cooled, and can go up to 2.5gz with a 1.9 VCore, but temps get a little high (air cooled). Hopefully a smarter person will reply!

E

yea my temps are of no factor here at 1.9 vcore my load is still under 40C (39.5 C :D)

Wait, so what are you trying to overclock here?

For FSB overclocks the Vcore on the CPU shouldn't effect anything but overall MHZ not FSB.

If your looking for a higher overall CPU MHZ than more Vcore would be in need.

For FSB, chipset voltage/Vdimm.

In your case, I would update to the newest bios, version 20 I believe. After that, run your ram timings as recommended from the company.

You can instant message me on AIM if you like,

Elementalsk8tr16

I might be able to help, msg Biznatch231 on AIM if you haven't gotten it working already.

Jibby said:
ive tried loosening the timings and upping the chipset voltage to 1.7 and the VDIMM to 2.7.

I think you need to up the vdimm, most run at max they can get, 2.9 in your case.

peace.
unloaded

Or 2.5-3-3-11 would be better for performance. You can probably try lowering your chipset voltage too - it should work fine at 1.6v. Mine does 215+ at 1.6v.

yup i try lower my vdd

1.6v can do 240MHz but single stick

> 240MHz vdd= 1.7v

ver 2.0 i dont think they like high vdd:D

im not gonna loosen timings on my elite ram :D. i upped the vcore to 1.95 and the vdimm to 2.8 and i hit 220x10 stable on prime for 32 hrs so far. im gonna push it once i voltage mod the chipset.

Back