• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S SATA issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

I've got 2 WD drives, but one of them is plugged into IDE and the other is using the SATA converter that came with the mobo.

Now when I boot up the IDE is of course found in the bios, but later it finds the second one when it's booting the SATA raid thing, but once I get to Windows the only HD that I can get to show up in My Computer is the IDE one. However, under Disk Drives in the Device Manager both HDs show up, one as normal, and the other with SCSI Disk Device on the end of it's name.

I've already installed the SATA drivers that came on the CD. I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Is there a solution to my problem?

Have you installed the current Silicon Image drivers? The newest ones might fix the issue...

You can also probably take the jumper off the HD altogether. If not, just set it to master.

Are you using the latest drivers?

We have pretty similar systems...I have a 800JB too. Only real difference is the memory. :D

Yea, I have the latest drivers and everything.

It shows up under hardware manager but not in My Computer. Also, is there any way I should set this since I'm only running it on it's own instead of in RAID? When I boot the SATA thing said it can't find a second device, so is it just canceling out the whole shebang? Do I need to make an 'array' just for the one drive?

A little help maybe

I just went for a dual boot system to 1 sata drive. I had a hard time getting windows xp to boot on this disk, it lacked the NTLDR.

I had an old 12 gig Maxtor (c:) and a new WD (d:) I had to reinstal xp with the 60 gig WD on EIDE, then convert to SATA.

I took out the old disk, now my c drive is my new WD drive on SATA.

What error messages are you getting? (I am sure someone on the forums can help you better than I can, but I will do my best)

E

SUCCESS!!

I just formatted the drive that I was having problems with outside of Windows and next time I booted up it showed up no problem.

next time just goto computer management under admin services and partition the hd from there and windows will display it in my computer from there on...

Back