• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA7NPRO-2, GigaRAID - problem? maybe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShakyJake

Not an overclocking question, but here goes:

I've built two computers using this motherboard and have 2 WD 80GB drives configured in RAID 1 mirror mode.

I've installed Windows XP Pro and everything seems to work fine.
However, very occasionally on a reboot, Windows will come up and say something about checking the consistency of the drives. About 5 seconds later it reports, briefly, something about finding some space that was incorrectly allocated then boots to the desktop without further incident. This was on normal reboots or cold boots, by the way. No improper shutdowns ever occured.

Thing is, this happens on BOTH computers. So I know nothing is wrong with the board per se. Is this a normal procedure on mirrored drives? Or is there possibly a device driver causing an issue?

Thanks for any input.

ShakyJake,
I dont do raid so Im not gonna be much help here, but are you aware of the nforce2/wd issue, you may want to do a search.

Ive got a link somewhere, when I find it i will post back

Back