• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest RAM On A7N8X Dlx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kj4ta

What is the fastest RAM I can use on this MoBo? I know I can use PC3200, but can I use others like PC3500 or PC4000?
While I'm at it, without OCing my system, what is the BEST RAM I can get for my system? All opinions welcome... please.

PC3500 works fine. I'm not even sure there is an official standard for anything over PC3200 though. I think the RAM depends on your CPU also. If you don't OC a 2500 then it runs at 166mhz. But if you don't OC a 3200 then it runs at 200mhz anyway I think. So then you'd need better memory than a 2500. Someone jump in here and confirm that? I have a 2500 so haven't paid much attention to the 3200.

True statement dkg. Your memory speed will dictate how far you can OC. I am maxed out at 200 FSB with PC3200. If you get PC3500 or higher, you can squeeze some more OCing. But be cafeful with your CPU too. A Barton CPU will allow you to easily hit 200 MHZ with PC3200, and the nice part is one bump on Vdimm :cool:

you need 3200 to get the 200 FSB and mem/CPU timings, better than that and you can get higher FSB and CPU timing.
I just got sum OCZ 3500 ell and gonna up the FSB and see where i can go~!

Sniper.nkc said:
True statement dkg. Your memory speed will dictate how far you can OC. I am maxed out at 200 FSB with PC3200. If you get PC3500 or higher, you can squeeze some more OCing. But be cafeful with your CPU too. A Barton CPU will allow you to easily hit 200 MHZ with PC3200, and the nice part is one bump on Vdimm :cool:
sound more like your motherboard hold you back, sniper.nkc. im using pc3200, cept mine has done 235mhz in this board.

Sorry James.miller but I don't agree that my board is holding me back. My memory with CAS 3 is holding me back. If I have better quality brand memory, I can go further with OC. My memory has been tested at 200 FSB at factory. The spec sheet did not show anything beyond 200.

The Assus Nf2 board is fine, but I see you have the abit board and Twinmos memory. I bet if you put the twinmos in a Assus board, you will get similar OCing results.

ahh thats where you are wrong. a7n8x's arent stellar overclockers - they never have been, the most i could get this ram to do in my friends a7n8x was 205mhz, yet it does 235 @2.7v in my board.

Back