• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock with A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwikgta

Overclock with A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2

I'm a beginer & need some help overclocking. I have a XP2700 Tbred and 1 gig of Kingston HyperX PC3200. I lose stability if I go above 180 fsb ( kicks games off or reboots). Current settings: Multiplier @ 13 ( appears to be locked), fsb now @ 177, AGP @ 66, CPU voltage @ 1.675, CPU temp @ 45*C, Ram timings @ 2/3/2/6. What am I missing, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Well first what revision is the board? 2nd what BIOS you running?
Heres a link to what to use to test your memory . I would test your memory! If all is well then it could be you need more voltage on your vcore. So, try lowering your multi if you can and then raise the FSB little by little (5mhz) to see if you can pass memtest86 till you get an error.

On most nforce2 boards timings of 11-2-2-2 seem to do best at 200fsb for BH-5 chips for your RAM. I would check to see what type of ram u have by removing the heat spreader.

Check out the other section on power supplies, memory, and just do research on the stuff you have...like the chip whats the date on it and ask about it in the CPU forum.

Good luck

Ok here it is:
CPU MHZ - 180
CPU Multiplier - 13
System Performance - User Defined
CPU Interface - Optimal
Memory Frequeny - Auto
Memory Timings - User Defined
SDRam Active Precharge Delay - 6
SDR Ras to Cas Delay - 2
SDRam Ras Precharge - 3
SDRam Cas Latency - 2T
CPU V core Setting - Menu
CPU Vcore - 1.700 V
Graphics Arpeture size - 128mb
AGP Frequency - 66mhz
System bios cacheable - disabled
Video Ram cacheable - Enabled
DDR reference voltage - 2.6
AGP VDDQ Voltage - 1.5
AGP 8x Support - Enabled
AGP Fast Write - Enabled
FSB Spread Spectrum - Disabled
AGP Spread Spectrum - Disabled
Phoenix Award Bios V6.OOPG
Ram is 2 512 sticks of Kingston HyperX PC3200.

Board is a Revision 2.Multiplier is locked. Temperatures are at 45*C with a Tt Volcano 10, but I have a V12 and some Artic Silver 5 on the way.
What do you guys think? My goal is 2500 mhz.

i would up the v core until it is stable @ 180 ....watch youre temps tho :)

you could put the memory @ spd it will then run in sync with the fsb.....

keep the agp @66 ......that will lock youre pci bus

keep the agp voltage @ 1.5 as well

you might want to increase the ddr voltage as well say 2.7v

i dont think you will reach 2500mhz tho not on air.......

if you get 2400mhz that will be something

good luck andy :D

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Progress!!! I thought my multiplier was locked at 13 but apparently not. I now have the multiplier at 12, the fsb at 200, the vcore at 1.750 and the Vmemory at 2.8. Clocking at 2405 (stock is 2167). You never know......2500, just may be reachable.

Yea....I ran Prime 95 with no problems. Check out my post about V12 & AS5 in the cooling section!

The only thing I notice about your numbers is the 6 in the memory settings. Rumor has it (well, more than rumor) that the nforce2 boards do better with an 11. I'm using 2-2-2-11. Another thread - here or in the memory forum - pointed to an article written by an OC member that tested it. Memory is a bit strange though so YMMV but once you're are nice and stable and doing benchmarks, try that. Not exactly intuitive.

Back