• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s max FSB 195 with KINGSTON PC3200 winbond CH-5 chips.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WOUTERKCS

Registered
Any reason why I can't higher FSBwith lowest RAM settings?

Use 2 512MB KTD8300/512 PC3200 with winbond CH-5 chips!!

Use Abit NF7-s 2.0 mobo, and XP 2500 (195 x 11.5 = 2242).

Thanks

Any reason why I can't higher FSBwith lowest RAM settings?

Do you mean 3-4-4-11 or 2-2-2-11 by lowest? It took my PC3500 a good couple days of burning in to hit 2-3-3-11 @ 210Mhz. It wouldn't even post at 200 when I first got it :).

Psyko

Optimal 8-3-3-3.0

Just wait a couple of days!!!

Winbond CH-5 should do a lot better!!

I purchased these two KINGSTON KTD8300/512 for $77/each , but was disappointed -- thought it would run a least 210!!!

Tried Agressive and Turbo, and fails at boot with Voltage at 2.7!

Thats because its CH5. Youre not going to get it running at 2 2 2 5 timings unless you wanna clock it down to 190 or so. Which is probably why the max you can get is 195. Agressive and turbo use tight timings, which you wont be able to do with CH5.

And if you are trying to run it at say 3 3 3 8 or optimal and it wont run at 195, its either defective memory, or not the memory. Could be your chip wont clock that high, or your board cant handle that high of an FSB. Is it a revision 2 board or 1.2? Need more details on your setup.

My CH-5 ram just makes 200fsb at 11-3-3-2.5 timings, which really **** me off as it cost a bit more than generic ram. It's been running there for at least 3 weeks and just last night I couldn't even boot into windows at 205Mhz.

Try Auto for VDimm and 11-3-3-2.5 timings. Run Memtest all night for a few days to help burn it in, it won't run a peak levels right at the start.

Regards, Balrog

Amazing... 212 x 11 = 2274 with Vcore=1.7

After I changed MEM settings to 11-3-3-2.5, I am running PRIME for 1 hour okay. Wonder if I can get it higher??

What is the moral of the story. Nforce doesn't like CAD=3, or 1st value of 11? Not fantastic RAM, but maybe okay for the price of $77/each.

11-3-3-2 should work fine as well .. Use 6/6 ratio , 2.8v - 2.9v cpu interface enabled .. Disable all spread spectrum stuff , disbale anything you dont use like sata or iee1394 ..

Now 210 X 11 = 2310 ; Prime okay!

Running now at 11-3-3-2. Changing to 6/6 would not post -- Still at AUTO! (means it stays at 200Mhz, correct?) CPU V = 1.7, and RAM V=2.7. This 2500+ Barton 0331 runs great!

Leave the RAM voltage at Auto, burn it in for awhile using Memtest and Prime. When your ready to experiment further or get stuck getting higher FSBs then try your sticks in slots 1 & 2, single channel mode and see what you get, I think you'll be surprised, my rig runs 20FSB higher in single-channel mode still on Auto RAM voltage, benches better than the slower dual-channel as well. Much of the PC3200 around these days are just factory OC'd select PC2700 chips, IMHO they accomplish the higher settings by programming the chip to run faster using more voltage automatically. I was stuck with 205FSB using VDimm settings but when I switched to Auto for voltage it took off.

Regards, Balrog

How does the ram voltage at auto help? Wouldn't it just give stock voltage? Setting it above stock would of helped I think. Oh well, I'll give it a try next time I'm at my dad's house.

IMHO - The chips can be programmed to run different settings, its possible that Buffalo or Winbond could tell the chip that when set to a certain FSB that it should use a certain timing and demand a certain voltage. Like I said earlier, my Winbond was stuck running a stable 200FSB no matter what voltage I threw at them, changing to Auto got me a stable 205FSB, changing to single-channel mode got me a stable 220FSB.

Regards, Balrog

Back