• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ks75a mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
However they would be running the Barton's at 133mhz FSB instead of 166mhz - so they would be a little slower and would probably be identified as a different cpu than you would be expecting.

- Wisdom

Make sure you use DDR, if you use PC133 you may be stuck at 100MHZ.

Mind you, I have an older version (at least 1 1/2 years old now).

I stuck some DDR in, and it ran 133MHZ fine. But freezes when attempting to run 133 with PC133.

Other then that, the board runs OK. Hard to get upset with it, when they are so cheap....lol

I've used K7S5a Pro's with PC133/133Mhz and experienced no problems......maybe just lucky....although I will say the Pro versions of the mobo have it all over earlier ones.........

ya the pro versions are much better I hope. I have one of the earlier k7s5as. Not a bad board, awsome price. but it has some problems. Like the infamous bad cmos settings. New batteries and bios's never fixed it. The solution was turn off quick start for me. Just make sure that if you get this board its a more newer version. Tell us how it OCs.

You can run K7S5a on the 166 bus but you need a program that will up the bus speed in windows. It won't boot at that speed for some reason.

Dont make too much fun of this board! For the price and performance I have no probs w/ it. Both my rigs have one. If It were not for money i would have bought a better board...for the time being they work fine if you are on a budget or need a cheap 2nd rig.
(BTW-my xmass present is a new Soyo Dragon Ultra kt600 mobo)

Back