• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moosepks

I just got a DLT3C JIUHB 1800+ today an I have a few questions about overclocking it. I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, Antec True Power 480W, and 2x256MB PC3500 HyperX with CH-5 chips. I have the Vcore at 1.75V, DDRcore at 2.8V, AGP locked at 66mhz. The memory timing is currently 8-3-3-2T. I can't seem to get the FSB above 180Mhz without serious instability. I have the multi at 12.5 and FSB @ 180. I know that I am getting decent speed out of the chip, but it seems that the FSB is really limiting me, I don't think that I have the chip maxed out. I can't do 10x200, and that ram should be able to go higher than 200fsb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just getting back into oc'ing and am pretty lost. The last chip that I had oc'ed was an old 300a.

Thx

I would recommend ruling out one thing out at a time.

Start with the chip, try a very low multiplier like 7.5 with 180fsb and see if that is stable. If so, move up slowly but leave the mult. alone. This way you can test your fsb capability w/ out worrying about the chips operating speed.

If it is the chip try cooling it better first, what kind of cooling do you have for it? What temp is it now? How many case fans?

Then think about raising the voltage, slowly and carefully of course w/ one eye on temps at all times. I wouldn't go over 50 degrees C full load and prefer lower at all times. Its an individual choice but I do not recomend raising the voltage if you have not cooled properly first!!! (You may already know this but it doesn't hurt to say it just to be safe:).

If you still can't break 180 it could be the memory, try more relaxed timings, one stick at a time etc... But try ruling out the chip first.

Good luck.

The rev 1.04 did have trouble at 185-190, unless it was vdd modded.

I was under the impression that all a7n8x-e deluxe boards were rev 2, so that should get to 200+ w/out mods, from what I've seen, though I don't have one, yet.

I have that same board and I have the FSB running @ 217 now with mushkin pc3500 level II memory. No mods to theboard, but I did update the bios to 1008

Back