• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Rev2 and HyperX KHX3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabbi

Will 2x512MB sticks of PC3000 HyperX overclock well in my NF7-S Rev2?

Also, if anyone has experience with this combination could you post your overclocking results.

Cheers in advance :D

Last edited:
Yea that my exact combination. 220 is the highest I can go. I'm thinking its the chipset thats holding me back. See sig.

Ohh and it doesnt run in dual channel AT ALL. Both 1 and 3 and 2 and 3 give me errors. Running in 1 and 2 works fine though, and the performance difference is negligible.

Rocko[DPC] and Top Hat Theater, thanks for the feedback :D

Rocko[DPC], have you tried running the RAM faster than the FSB just to see if it's the RAM or Board that's holding back the overclock?

I want RAM that can do 225+ FSB... if this RAM can't do it I might have to buy Mushkin Level2.

Also, people have told me that the HyperX range have a compatibility issue with the NF7-S mobo... does anyone have any knowledge bout this topic?

Thanks for the help :)

No, I havent tried it yet... But you know what I will go try that right now because I'm curious myself, :p. About compatibility, I would say not being able to run in dual channel at all is an issue, even at stock speeds. Though I have never tried running ram in dual channel on this board before so I dont know.

Well either I dont know what I'm doing or my board is a total flop. Just played with it for the last hour, and I cant get it to run at ANY async divider. I tried 3:5, 4:5, 4:6, all at memory frequencies below 185, and none of them even post. After clearing the cmos 10 times I gave up. Anyone else try running this board in async mode without problems?

For now I give up unless someone has a suggestion. I KNOW its the board now since the ram runs at 220 2 2 2 11 @ 2.9 with 6:6 divider, but wont even post at 185 2.5 3 3 11 @ 2.9 with the 5:6 divider.

Back