• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIos 21 for nf7+s 2.0 Released !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StinkNBreff

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/nf7-s2.htm
Released 12/29/03

Release information:
~BIOS release 2.1 for NF7 / NF7-S 2.0~

1. Please use AWDFLASH 8.23D or later to update NF7 series BIOS. With
incorrect AWDFLASH version, the GUID will be erased, and leads to
IEEE1394 peer to peer function failed. AWDFLASH 8.23K is included in
this BIOS package.
2. Add fan speed monitor support in the nVidia System Utility.
3. Update SATA BIOS to version 4.2.43.
4. BIOS compile date: 12/01/2003.

Oh crap! I tried several times to flash to 2.1 but with no success. I flashed with Flashmenu and awdflash with no luck either way. I can't even get the computer to boot to windows. It hangs after updating escd and locks completely when it tries to boot the cdrom.

No luck for me. Back to 2.0!

They even have Bios 23 for rev 1.0~1.2 mobos out too .

Bios 23

I'll stick to D10 and D20 until they come out w/ a bios that deals with the 10x and 10.5x multi problems like the D10 but has all the newer fixes like the D20.

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, when people speak or high fsb's, how high are we talking. On my set up I can hit 203 with no errors in Prime for a 2500+. Would that be considered high because I would think anything over 210 would be high.

flowrider said:
Just out of curiousity, when people speak or high fsb's, how high are we talking. On my set up I can hit 203 with no errors in Prime for a 2500+. Would that be considered high because I would think anything over 210 would be high.

Hi,

High fsb in the range of, I'd say at least 220 min. but this is an easy fsb to reach with most setups today. It would be more in the range of 225 to 230 fsb at the low end of the spectrum, with many running stable in the 240+ range.

That is what they are speaking of when the talk is about HIGH FSB.

Later
RGP

having trouble hitting any higher than 210 fsb with any bios, even 10 :[ DLing it now, figured i'd try it out. After all the parts i've gone through im starting to think it's my CPU limiting my FSB :(

no luck here. says my flash menu is "too old to support..." i just DL/instaled the one from the post.....

what ever..my pelt stuff is going to be here tomorrow :p

Good Luck

Last edited:
^wargod said:
having trouble hitting any higher than 210 fsb with any bios, even 10 :[ DLing it now, figured i'd try it out. After all the parts i've gone through im starting to think it's my CPU limiting my FSB :(

Well you are not the only one, infact getting higher than 200 my computer boots or freezes, i have to put about 1.85 to work over 200 FSB and i don't have pretty good cooler yet so i'll stick at 200 (allthough it may be that my memory isn't good)...games work great still...then i'll get better cooler if and when games start to slow down on me and probably OC memory.

qbas said:

Well you are not the only one, infact getting higher than 200 my computer boots or freezes, i have to put about 1.85 to work over 200 FSB and i don't have pretty good cooler yet so i'll stick at 200 (allthough it may be that my memory isn't good)...games work great still...then i'll get better cooler if and when games start to slow down on me and probably OC memory.
heh yea, im still trying to get as high a FSB as i can, but i might just settle with a low FSB and see how high i can get my mhz, near 2.4 will make me happy, messing with mem timings now, 8 seems to work better than 11, but whatever. can't wait to swap my new system with this crappy old pc :)

and about the bios
installed it, didnt notice any difference from 20. i think it might just be the updated SATA

I updated to 21- haven't oc'd yet, set to 3200 for now, going to check stability.

The Flash Utility didn't want to work automatically so I downloaded the bios, unzipped the files, and then used the Flash Utility to update the bios in Windows.

So far so good...

Before 21 was released a fellow came out with a hacked version of 20 with the new SATA bios inserted in it. Since that was the first bios I used with my dual Raptors, it's hard to associate it with an increase in speed. My understanding was that the newer SATA bios was an attempt to get it more stable, not faster. All I know is that with that revision of the SATA bios, I have certainly tried some wierd overclocks and never had the two Raptors get corrupted yet, knock-on-wood.

Hoot

would not the ideal bios for overclocking be bios10 hacked with the sata fix, or the latest like bios 20 / 21 with the high fsb part of bios10 hack on it.....?
If yes, does anyone know where to get hold of one. :)

Whats the difference between the D10 bios with the new sata drivers and the new hacked 20's?

Maybe someone could give me a link to both and if a hacked 21 comes out i would definetly like to give that a try.

Do any of you have any clue why i can't get high FSB's? Is it my memory that is holding me back? Is it the memory that i can't get FSB 200 to work on default Vcore?

Back