• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple ?'s part 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
on my new an35n ultra(which i love)the sensors are very wacky is this normal for this board?stabilty is there but the numbers sure do jump around alot.second question:is there any reason to flash the bios from bios G to the newer ones?and finally the last 3 boards i have owned have all been via(va-503+,ak32L,ak38n)so which chipset drivers work best?Balrog i really would like your oppinion on these ?'s.

For chipset drivers, follow the path at nvidia's website and just download the latest chipset drivers. Don't use the ones from the disk because they are older. The sensors are just like that, you have to put up with them. Mine says the cpu is 48C which is impossible. There shouldn't be any reason for you to upgrade the bios because it will only display thorton and applebred cpu names correctly.

Hey ColtIce! You might want to try 11-2-2-2 timings as this seems to give a 1-2% boost in 3DMark and Memory bandwidth scores. You also might try loosening your timings to 11-3-3-2.5 as I think you'll find you'll get a lot higher FSB than 200 once you get that new HSF. Just run Sandra and 3DMark at your current settings and then again with the new timings and see what you find. The difference I found in going from CAS2.0 to CAS2.5 was very small all else being equal.

Regards, Balrog

i started at 2.5-3-3 and worked my way down to tight timings.let me tell ya this board is smokin'!before i got the 2500 i had my 1700 tbred A in it with the same settings as my ak38n and i scored 1000 points more in 3dmark2k1.my original goal for this upgrade was to break 14000 in 3dmark,well my new goal is 15000(less than 60 points away right now).

Sounds good ColtIce! Good Luck with the 15,000, I'm still stuck at 14,000 with my ti4200, good enough for now. You might find those 11-2-2-2 timings might push you over 15K @200FSB.

Regards, Balrog

Back