• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which does your nf7-s have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
A metal lever for the cpu lock

B plastic lever for the cpu lock

jonspd

P.S. Just woundering my 1st 2 had metal and my last 2 have had plastic.

My first two had metal, this third one has plastic. Sounds like a drop in quality if you ask me. ;)

Yes I agree with that but I think the plastic means that it's the newier (date) version.

I don't think its a drop in quality, I think it's a drop in the manufactures costs to make the board. Motherboards are a very competitive market and any penny saved appears on your bottom line. I don't have the mobo yet but I have been shopping around and all the rev 2.0's I've seen have the plastic lever. Anyway it's only a lever, it's not like your gonna' be prying on it with a wrench right. :thup:

The answer is - the metal socket lever boards dont have OVP .. Which means you can go over board with the voltages if you use water .. The plastic lever sockets DO have ovp and will act stupid at low vCore usually(1.9v-1.95ish) .. oohh ahhh.. Also - the nf7's with all Black rubycon caps overvolt the memory by.1 (2.9v=3.0v) , the ones with Silver caps undervolt memory !! Terrible for max overclocks !!

Well I'am installing windows right now on my new one and I hope vcore will @ least run 2.05 stable seeing is I'am using water and my 2100 takes 2.0 volts to run 2.5+. As for the caps mine are black and I have 2x256 pc3500 hyperx and 2x256 pc3200 LVL2 so I hope it help's that is if the board will run high fsb.

i have one w/ a plastic lever, and one w/ a metal lever.. which board is best ocer

StinkNBreff said:
the metal ones ARE better than the plastic socker lever because ..... ?? Answer at 11 !! ;)

It's not 11, but here goes......

who cares? plastic might break if mishandled, metal might break your socket if mishandled.

which is worse?

Cow2kie said:
i have one w/ a plastic lever, and one w/ a metal lever.. which board is best ocer

are you asking? or telling?

Dunno which are "better" overclockers .. I know the facts I stated above are true though .. Seeing as how it has OVP on the plastic one , I would guess the metal lever socket would end up being the best overlcocker .. As long as it has all rubycon all the way around .. Mine is a good overclocker , no mods done to it .. Plastic lever , wont boot over 1.95v vCore , overvolts memory to 3.05 at 2.9v in bios , A3 southbridge ..

seems to me that on the revision 2 they changed it to a plastic lever. In which case I would say that the plastic ones are better (assuming its a Rev.2) look on the board near the PCI slots...there should be a sticker where it'll say BLAH-BLAH NF7-s V2.0 or v1.1

no I had two revision 2.0's that has metal levers .. I killed them though .. They had to die , dieee I telll youuuu ..!! :eh?:

Back