• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just a little bragging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxboy

Registered
Well i finally got me a good case and thermaltake HS 947U with a tornado (and speed controler on case) and some OCZ 3500 DDR mem.

so this is what i got now and think i have to room to move up the OC ladder.

Aspier Super X alien case with 500 watt PSU with 2 fan speed controls and 2 front mounted temp displays for CPU and what ever else you want to moniter.
fans - 2 front (blowin in) 2 rear (out) 1 side (in) 1 top (out) _ the 2 on the PSU

Asus A7N8X -dx
XP2500 unlocked

2 x 256 OCZ EL 3500 DDR mem.

1 Thermaltake (or right which ever it is LOL)
947U HS with a 110 cfm antec tornado fan

and got me a 36 Gig WD raptor (still havent set it up thought)

currently using a 15 G WD 66 and a old 4 Gig WD @ 33

So i slap it all in the new case fight to cget the fans all daisy chained so they will work and instep of uside 4 or the case fans for one of the controlers i used 3 (1 side 2 rear and then TORNADO) on one control and then the top is hard plugged to the PSU and the 2 front are the other fan controler.

Now im running currently @ 2.3 G
11.5 x 200 FSB
with thks new mem. im gonna up the FSB (i had corsair XMS3200 but it was some of the first they made and wouldnt OC)

So now i can finally run PRIME from 12 hrs w/no PROBS YAHHHHHH

temps (all fan at slowest speeds too)
31/32 C @ idle
41 to 44 under heavy gamin load.
42 under prime load

Man the difference a good case HSF can make!
compare to my old case and set up in my sig..............

What's your Vcore and DDR voltage? Just curious. Can you drop the Mult and up the FSB more? That's what I'm trying. I'm at 212 * 10. That means the cpu is running slower than 200*11 by quite a bit but I'm wondering if the system is actually faster.

I also need to get Vcore up to 1.8 in order to be stable at 200*11 and prefer to keep it a bit lower. So at 1.775 it's P95 happy at 212*10. I might get it up to 215 or so but I don't want it right at the edge. DDR is at 2.8. Again, I don't want to push it to 2.9 with the Uber bios.

I dont know off hand i i think i got vcore at 2.8 but im not sure.
when i get ho,me tonight ill put it all in there i havent even had time to try and up the FSB but im planning on it!

and after a closer look at my temps it seems idle is 31 and highest so far is more like 38 / 40 ish

No, vcore of 2.8 and I think you're looking for a new CPU. 2.8 could be the ram (DDR) voltage. vcore is the chip voltage, that is going to be between 1.65 and 1.8. The higher they are the better OC but the higher the temps. General rule. Keep us posted.

Back