• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What bios is best for NF7-S and 2500+ barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djpeetur

I have overclocked my comptuer to 3200+ stable. But when i up the FSB, it always get error on prime95. any idea on what bios is good. i have the the 10/29/03. TIA

Well, if you are into some serious OCing, I would recommend the D10 Hacked Bios. The D20 is also a good Bios.

I personally am using the D10 hacked bios and I have gotten to 242 FSB, but only when the Vcore is at 1.95. If you see my sig, I don't like running a high Vcore. Never go past 1.85V.

?

Where can you get these D10 (hacked) and D20? Are they just the ones you get from abit's site?

And is it really nessasary to discharge cmos after flashing the bios?

bafbrian said:
Well, if you are into some serious OCing, I would recommend the D10 Hacked Bios. The D20 is also a good Bios.

I personally am using the D10 hacked bios and I have gotten to 242 FSB, but only when the Vcore is at 1.95. If you see my sig, I don't like running a high Vcore. Never go past 1.85V.

I want to try these d10 and d20 what dates are those bios? i ahve the 10/9/03 bios . the date is the only way i can tell. THANKS

I don't have any dates, but I have the d10 hacked bios if you want it. I will post it for you.

Here you go: The Bios is below and the Flashmenu Link. You have to flashmenu to install that bios.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/bios/flashmenu.php

If you want the d20, just post back here. I will get a link for you.

Attachments

• snf7d_10.zip
    226.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
never go past 1.85 volts? yea right. im at 2 volts with a 230 X 11 overclock. i would say if you have good cooling (water-cooling) 1.9-2.0 volts is ok.

I just don't like my temps to go that high. Once I get my Tornado, I might go past 1.85volts only for a benchmark and not a day to day use kind of thing. If my cooling was ever better, I would go over it. But ATM, I am just fine at 1.7volts (2.4Ghz) and it Prime95 stable. That is all that matters to me.

bafbrian said:
I don't have any dates, but I have the d10 hacled bios if you want it. I will post it for you.

Here you go: The Bios is below and the Flashmenu Link. You have to flashmenu to install that bios.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/bios/flashmenu.php

If you want the d20, just post back here. I will get a link for you.
i update my bios with the flash update. and my comptuer doesnt work. i cleared cmos. Is there anyway to flsh your comptuer without it working

Oh well. I just email abit about Rma replacement. Since this board was rma replacement board. they will send out another board 2 day air. and just swap in and out. I can use a slow ocmptuer for now i guess. I haveto say abit forums are pretty helpful evem the abit rma people thye gave me a call to confirm that i didnt have to pay 25$ or anything. GREAT company

Thanks everyone for helping.

The board is probably good but since the BIOS is too badly corrupted, you can't reflash because the computer can't even post.

Abit can send you a spare BIOS CMOS that's aready flashed so you just replace the corrupted BIOS chip with the new one. After you boot, you hot swap the good rescue chip with the corrupted one and reflash it again. If all goes well, you'll be back in business and then you can put your spare rescue chip some place safe in case you need it in the future.

Its ok i did rma on tuesday and the board will get here by friday, abit prtty good at rma if you done it with them arleady they wil cross chip first with no fees if u have receipt . also they ship 2nd day air

Audioaficionado said:
The board is probably good but since the BIOS is too badly corrupted, you can't reflash because the computer can't even post.

Abit can send you a spare BIOS CMOS that's aready flashed so you just replace the corrupted BIOS chip with the new one. After you boot, you hot swap the good rescue chip with the corrupted one and reflash it again. If all goes well, you'll be back in business and then you can put your spare rescue chip some place safe in case you need it in the future.

That's a good idea. Reminds of something Hoot posted when he talked about swapping out of a BIOS chip from another mobo and he just flashed it through Windows. I am working on doing what he did so I can have a spare just in case anything should happen to my mobo later down the road.

Both times I've bought Abit NF7-S, I also got an extra flashed CMOS as nVidia nForce2 boards still can hose their own BIOS if you do silly things like shut off power before the BIOS changes get saved.

Back