• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard Graphics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komitet

A friend of mine recently bought a PC with an sarock k7vm4 , it has the onboard 64 mb VGA.

Problem is when he plays games it heats up so much it shuts itself down, I've looked through his manual, checked on the web and browsed these forums, but can't find where on his board the VGA is, if I could find it I'd want to cool it.

If anyone can tell me where it is I'd appreciate it, thx very much,

Komitet.

Last edited:
The northbridge handles the video. BTW, what games can you play on that? I'm assuming it doesn't have nforce2 igp.

it plays Day of defeat and counterstrike at about 60 fps, some maps such as Charlie in DOD are unplayable of course,

and thx for the replys it has a heatsink so I guess I gotta put a fan on it

You might also want to remove the NB first as they usually use crappy thermal tape as an interface, clean that off and lap it with some 800grit sandpaper and reinstall with a bit of thermal grease and the fan, you'll see a big difference.

Regards, Balrog

That could be wrong. Motherboards have a tendency to report wrong temps. When running games at full capacity, touch the northbridge heatsink and the cpu heatsink to see which is hotter.

Back