• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7N8X-E and MBM5 ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rokk1972

I am trying to get MBM5 to post my CPU Diode temps, but I can't locate the correct setting for it. Any info would be great

Attachments

• mbm5 shot (small).jpg
    mbm5 shot (small).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 290
What I did was go into the bios, and get a reading of the CPU temp from there. Then just keep that approximate temp in your head (or write it down)

Then go into Windows, and try different sensors and get one that's about the same temp as your cpu. That's what I did...

The BIOS doesn't have the reading for the CPU diode, just the socket, which can be much higher in temp that the on chip diode. I was told that if I used MBM5 I could read the on Chip diode temps.

Thanks anyway

W83L785TS-S Diode - this one was the diode sensor on the 4 dlxs that i've setup. I've yet to encounter an a7n8x that used the W83L785TS-S as the diode sensor.

GOOD LUCK!

dgk said:
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16364

Toward the bottom is a link to the ini files already set up. I guess it works for the X model but I don't know that for sure.

Thanks for the link!! I downloaded the files and unrar them where they belonged. It seems that this version of the A7N8X will not support the on chip diode. The only options you get from the sensor list are in the attached pic on the first post. even with installing the ini file that is all set up to read off the diode, I get nothing. Not a big issue, but it would have been nice to get that temp.

Thanks for all the help!! (this is for everyone that helped)

Toward the bottom is a link to the ini files already set up. I guess it works for the X model but I don't know that for sure.
I got the ini files and downloaded them. here are the results as of right now, Socket 36*C, Diode 69*C, Case 27*C. Are theese temps right? AMD says that maximum temp the cpu can reach is 85*C, but I think the reading for the diode is high. My bios is uber 1007 And by the way, my board is A7N8X Del.rev 2.0

I'm having the same problems with MBM5 and my a7n8x-e, Rokk1972, I even found your thread over at livewire. I get the same readings for 3 and 4. I'm assumming 4 is NB and hopefull 3 is nothing inside my case.:mad: :D

I tried the advanced settings etc... Maybe they can fix it in a new release. I'm trying to find the chip on the mobo, wonder if asus cut a leg just to play with us:(

Anyway, let us know if you figure it out and I'll do the same.

Hookj5, that diode is pretty high and seems far off the socket, does it change under load?

Only a little bit of a change under load. I ame running Asus Probe and the temps that I get from that are 26*C MB and 36*C cpu. No other temp reading. Like I said MBM5 gives 3 temp readings, case, socket and diode. The readings I get from BIOS are some where in between the MBM5 temp and the Asus probe. With the SLK 900a and a 92mm tornado I expect that I am well withen the acceptable temp limits, but I want to be sure before I raise the Volts on the RAM or the CPU.

Hookj5, I just loaded MBM on my Dad's rev1.04 a7n8x-deluxe machine and let MBM set itself up for that board. At first it said the diode was 400+F. Obviously not, so I went to mbm 5 settings/ temperature and picked cpu diode from the first pull-down menu , then looked at the list of possibilities on the next pull-down menu, and picked the one that reads w83L785ts-s diode. This gave me 111F/44C and I am very confident that is the correct one.

It looks like letting MBM 5 pick the diode is not accurate. If you have a rev2 a7n8x it may be different. If you have an a7n8x-e, your just out of luck like Rokk1972 and me.

Hope this helps:)

I just picked the W83L785TS-S and lost 25*C. I was using W83L785TS-S diode. WoW what a difference. this temp is pretty much what the BIOS reads. I wonder why Asus Probe is giving such a low temp. you would think that Asus would know which sensors would give relevant infromation.

Yes, I agree it would be very decent of Asus to include all the features we paid money for that they can. The sensor chip is on the board, therefore we paid for it, why not let us use it.

My guess is that they want one version of probe to work on any asus board and have not included sensing chips capable of taking diode readings on them all, and certainly don't use the same chips when they do. That means people w/ those boards would notice they can't read the diode, perhaps only because it would be blank on probe, and they would complain and call Asus tech support when they would otherwise be oblivious. On top of that they need to configure probe for different chips etc...

Edit: The reason they use the lower temp is because they only read it off the mobo socket sensor, which is a little removed from the core itself, and hence normally cooler.

Back