• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't change AGP Speed. It is set to off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boonmar

The motherboard is K8T Neo-FIS2R with the lastest Bios 1.1. I am running Win XP Service Pack 1. The video Card is Radeon 9800 XT with the lastest driver. In the Bios of the motherboard, the AGP Mode is Auto and it will not allow me to change that. Fast Write is Enabled.

My problem that I'm having is when I'm view the APG Speed in the Advanced setting for the Video Card, the Current AGP Speed is set to off and Fast Write is off. When I changed the setting to AGP Speed 8X and Fast Write Enabled, I have to reboot the system and after reboot, the seting went back to the original (AGP Speed is Off and Fast Write is Off).

Why is it doing this? During installation of Windows XP, it never ask for any driver except for the Serial ATA. Do I have to install some driver that came on the CD with the motherboard? I went to view the CD but the CD is bad, the CD drive would not read it but read other CDs just fine. I went to the MSI website and looked at drivers for this board and saw VIA Chipset 4 in 1 Driver. Do I need to install this? If so, will it override the Serial ATA driver that I have to install before installing Win XP?

Back