• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 Delta ILSR temp sensor query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnson

Registered
Hi guys,

I have just fitted al my gear into a Lian Li PC65 and have been monitoring temps on the board.
I saw the CPU temp shoot up to 52 deg C so have removed the heatsink(Coolermaster Aero 7+)and lapped it and that has now dropped the temps down to something reasonable (32 deg C :))

I have noticed though that the system temp has increased previously it was 30ish degrees but now it appears to be up around 45 degs.Now is this sensor mounted under the northbridge on this board is it somewhere else?
Whats an ok system temp?And if this is too high how can I reduce it.

Note I have been using PC Alert 4 that came with the original install cd to monitor the temps but have started fiddling with speedfan as I believe that is more accurate(I went back to PC Alert as I noticed the sys temp increases and thought it may have been a Speedfan problem)

I am sooo confused with this board as it seems no one can really say what the correct temps should be as it seems MSI tweak the temp settings with every Bios release :rolleyes: .

Anyway thanks for reading :)

J

I was hoping you were going to show up Wonkaboy :D ,I rechecked last night and I am using 7.6.

I had a look at the modded bios thread on AMDMb last nght and grabeed one of them but I am not sure if its the correct one.Have you any reccomendations at all?I am using raid if that helps.

I see you are in Catford I live near Croydon,you dont want to pop round and tweak mine do you ;)

Cheers

J

Back