• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are ABIT's made in the USA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huneycutt

I see the name ABIT USA and know their customer support is here in the US and wondering if their boards are manufactured in the USA also? If so I think we should all get behind ABIT and support them to the max. Made in America and customer support people in America that speakey-de-English. I like that!

I have EPOX and Soltek MB's and much to my chagrin they both pulled out of the US so I'll take my MB business elsewhere. Been reading many good things about the ABIT NF7-S 2.0 and plan on doing one of those bad boys next time.

Epox 8RGA+ 2500 Barton 2.2GHz on air SLK-900A.

Best of everything to everyone in 2004 and PLEASE do not drink and drive because bottom line is a DUI costs you about eight thousand dollars in the long run to say nothing of injuring or killing someone then doing jail time. Nothing but one BIG bummer so don't even think about it. OldBird

The Abit mobos are made in Taiwan (or some other Asian country). There might be a little sticker on the mobo itself that will tell you where it was made. Abit's main HQ is in Taiwan, just like Asus and most of the other mobo makers. It would cost a lot more if it were made here in the US. These mobos only cost a few dollars to make in the Asian countries. Just look at the boxes and it will show you an address in Taiwan.

They have ABit-USA here in the US because we are one if not the largest market for these mobos and of course they need a presence here in the US to handle questions/inquiries.

A safe and prosperous New Year to you too.:)

Thanx mamima, good info there and I 'preciate it.

"It would cost a lot more if it were made here in the US. These mobos only cost a few dollars to make in the Asian countries."

Very sad but oh so true, sad because when US mfg'rs of any product move overseas our fellow Americans lose jobs and that ain't good.

I'm glad ABIT has support in the USA because now and again I have to call support for this or that and I get sick and tired of conversing with someone having to repeat my question because they don't have very good command of the King's English.

Happy New Year and best to you in 04! OldBird

lol. if you dont know where it is made think third world country or asia for electronics.

12 tshirts from south america are sold to xxx cloth store for $1. ahhh free economy

LOL!

HA! You got it German. We went to the movies with friends and paid $2.50 for a box of pop corn and a coke and guy said big rip off because it cost the movie house about ten cents. He said they don't make much money off what you pay to see the movie and where they make it is on consessions.

Yup, those Tiawan sweat shops pay the workers fifty cents an hour where electronics assemblers get $15. an hour or better here. Friend told me an apprentice union worker in a Detroit auto factory starts at $25. an hour. WHEW! That is strong and is why new vehicles cost so much and people are buying more used vehicles.

I don't know Bro' but when you get it all figgured out please let me in on what's happenin' to this here US of A.

Rahh rahh rah rah! Go USA GO!!!!

Please. Spare me the American rhetoric.

Face it the States does not have the capability to mass produce and change product lines in a flash like many other countries. These poor "asians" have the technological know how to produce practically every electronic component you own better and cheaper than in the states. North Americans are paid more only because the cost of living here is so much greater. How much you are being paid is not a reflection of the skill or the quality of the labour. It also is not the end all of evaluating how they treat their workers. Comparatively, their wage is more than likely a very good wage for their cost of living index.

Sorry Huneycutt but your view of the world is narrow and colonial IMHO. Have a nice new years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back