• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SLK's fit the NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazflat44

Registered
Hi guys.

Read some reviews that many boards dont fit these heatsinks and would like clarification on what ones fir this board. I dont really want to bend any capps, so would like one which fits out of the box so to speak.

Cheers

Gaz

Carmine_Paterno said:
I have owned a SLK-800A and currently do own and use a SLK-900A and they fit perfectly.

sp97.jpg

As does the SP-97.

947 does as well with a very simple mod. You just have to grind off one of the tabs on one side of the mounting bracket. Took less than a minute.

Oh 800U is good to go as well out of the box. Stick with one of the U series if possible and use the mounting holes. You don't want to rip your socket off.

Ahh thats good to hear peeps. I was thinking the 92mm fans would be best, but the 800's only support up to 80mm dont they?

OK, I have checked my usual supplier and they seem out for a short while. Another store are stocking these ones, so which should I go for:

Thermalright SLK-800-U 478 Pin & Socket A
Product Code: 601861 Manf. Model: SLK-800-U £21.00 £24.68 In Stock

Thermalright SLK-800A Socket A
Product Code: 601862 Manf. Model: SLK-800A £23.00 £27.02 In Stock

Thermalright SLK-900U 478 Pin & Socket A

Thanks again in advance guys,
Gaz

gazflat44, have you checked out the SP-97? It's basically an SLK type heatsink with heatpipes (blkgti posted a pic ^). It will support a 92mm fan.

the SLK-800, 900, and SP-97 are all awesome heatsinks. But keep this in mind. Bigger fans are not always better...

I had a 92mm tornado on my 900A and the temps were actually 2C higher than they were with the 80mm tornado. I guess the deadzone was just that much greater on the 92mm.

Bearing in mind im in the UK, and only the SP-94 is available with lead time of 4-7 days.
I think il go for the 900U as its in stock, £27 with free shipping!

Like i said, we dont have the SP-97 or at least I dont know where sells it. I am available to get:

SP-94 (4-7 days)

SLK-947U (out of stock)

SLK-900A (4-7 days)

SLK-900U (In stock)

This site shows 4-7 days everyday i visit so dont know wether they ever get any. The 900U is from a different store but is on stock.

Thanks Steve, looks like the 900u it is then I doubt the other version make much more of a difference.

Back