• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS OC question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dajomc

I called ASUS technical support and asked them if I set in BIOS CPU and RAM on agressive and change the external freqeuncy/multiplyer that set on auto it will automatically adjust no matter the speed. Has anyone with this motherboard tried this? If I can I plan to OC it with BIOS set to agressive/Auto.

I just got the same board in today, I'll set it up and let you know for sure if I have time. However, why don't you just set the memory timing to 100% and that way you know they will match?

Setting the BIOS option to aggressive simply changes a few options, namely memory settings.

If you are planning to oc stepwise, I would say leave your memory settings on optimal, or even set it lax, and find your oc max. Then after you tweak the fsb/multi/voltage settings, tighten up your memory timings.

If you are new to OC, i would say leave your ram at 100%, settings on optimal, and tinker with the fsb and voltage. Then read through the forums and set the memory options later.

I am new to OC. I was going the cheap way by buying fans and heatsinks and OC my system after spending all my money on this motherboard and the RAM. I got an Athlon 2400+ XP and 1 Gig Komusa PC 3200 RAM. I am reading up to prepare for the OC just before I get all the parts and able to closely after I get them all. I got a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser Edition and copper thermal compound on its way here. What option is PCI lock in BIOS? It doesn’t specifically say PCI lock in there.

You should be happy with the board, I just got mine set up and easily got to 215fsb, haven't tried higher yet, and that worked with 3dmk 2001 and Prime95. My xms pc3200 was only good for 217 on my rev 1.04 a7n8x dlx, so I may have already hit a wall, I think.

As to your first question, both the BIOS versions I have used, 1006 and 1008, have not allowed me to select agressive cpu interface. It is grayed out and therefore stuck at optimal. I'm hoping future BIOS versions will have that available.

I think I'll start a thread for people to post results with the a7n8x-e dlx. So hopefully we can gather more info there.:)

Edit: Locking agp at 66 will lock the pci bus at 33.

Back