• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm.. wont boot past "A" Stock fsb.. wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

Ok.. I have a basic a7n8x. I have a 2500+ in dual channel with 2x 256mb Pc3200 from crucial. Im using Nvidias software proggy to overclock to 2.4ghz ATM, have my Vcore at 1.8 and Vdim at 2.8 that the 1006 bios limits. BUT, I can only boot at 100/133/166/200fsb. I set it to user defined, and try 201, and it doesnt post :( I know im probably mssing some thing here :eh?:

EDIT:Im doing 444FSB as I type this stable.

Oh, now I think I follow you: When using an nvidia program you can overclock in windows, but when you try to post with o/c settings it doesn't work.:lightbulb:

One strange thing I noticed, I don't remember which bios it was but I think maybe 1007 for the rev 1 dlx boards was missing 201. I just thought it was an ommision, maybe they took it out for a reason though, have you tried skipping to 202?

Also, does any number you define fail, have you tried anything user defined below 200? Is your memory set to sync? Bios set to halt on no errors?

What is the software from nvidia called, I've never used it.

Hope you figure it out.:)

I haven't used the utility but go into the Bios and set your memory frequency to 100% of the FSB. Not by SPD, not Auto.

Also, set the AGP frequency to 66. That locks that and the PCI I think.

At 1.8 volts (and 2.8 for DDR) I can just about do 200*11 but not much higher. And I don't want to run it just at the edge so I'm now doing 213*10. I think - somewhere right around there. But memory is 2-2-2-11 which is pretty quick.

dgk said:
I haven't used the utility but go into the Bios and set your memory frequency to 100% of the FSB. Not by SPD, not Auto.

Also, set the AGP frequency to 66. That locks that and the PCI I think.

At 1.8 volts (and 2.8 for DDR) I can just about do 200*11 but not much higher. And I don't want to run it just at the edge so I'm now doing 213*10. I think - somewhere right around there. But memory is 2-2-2-11 which is pretty quick.

My CPU and memory are fine, I just cant get it to boot from a fsb other than 133/100/166/200.

Back