• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S onboard nic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

i just installed my new motherboard( the abit nf7-s version2) and the nic was working perfectly. Then i restarted and it does not work. So i had some other problems so i just went ahead and reformatted the entire disc. I loaded windows 2000 on it and installed the nforce 2 drivers. But i still have no nic. It does not saying anything at all in the hardware manager and i cannot see my other computers at all. But when i hook up the cat5 i get the green and yellow light on the mobo and i get the lights on my switch. What happened and how can i fix this?

edit
is there something in the bios that can turn it on and off, maybe i hit something and did not notice?
this is a fresh install of windows 2000, might the service packs work, but then how can i get the service packs if the nic is not working?

Last edited:
can we all say stupid. I figured it out. It was something in the bios. I had it disabled for some strange reason.
it is just i got too excited over the new parts, :) you all now what i mean.

Back