• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

I just noticed this, but when im under 100% load like in prime.. my vcore drops quite a bit. if its at say 1.8.. under load it'll drop to as low as 1.744!.. and if its at default 1.65.. i'll drop almost to flat 1.6!
i have an antec blue 350.. so should i cool my mosfets to help this?

my 12V rail drops to 11.67!

I get the same thing but not even under load. Idle. I have my vcore set to 1.7 in the bios and in windows, MBM5 i see 1.66/1.65v.

Right now with the vcore set to 1.75v in bios ~ MBM5 1.71v.

My mosfets arent even a touch warm, maybe thats due to the case cooling however.

When running prime95, I barely see any fluctuation on the voltages. Kind of surprising really. Im only running an Enlight 300w. I just opened it up about an hour ago, and man this thing looks like a powerhouse PSU. I was thinking about upgrading to a Antec True550, but, i just slapped a 80mm tornado on the back of this psu blowing threw and out the back of the case @ 4000rpm so i dont think ill be upgrading the psu soon.

Well, what Carmine is talking about is a little different from what Cow2kie is talking about. The NF7-S undervolts on the vCore at any voltage, so what you set in the BIOS is always more than what you're actually getting. Cooling the mosfets won't help that - you'll just have to raise the vcore higher to compensate.

The fluctuation can be helped (not fixed) by heatsinking the mosfets and putting a fan over them. Doesn't need to be a powerful fan, you just need some air moving over them. I plan to do this mod myself when I get a chance. A better power supply might help also(Carmine sounds like he has a pretty good one). Although, you don't really start to see some serious fluctuation until 1.8v+. It's really bad at 2.0v.

well i have a duct made for my cpu, and t curvs right to the back fan right there. last night i changed them so both fans are blowing out of the case instead of both blowing in.. so it would be hard to have a fun blowing on them. that helped my temps a lot. Im not at 2.425ghz @ 2.048v!

Back