• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x-8 bios settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigmci

Registered
ok im over clocking my xp2500(locked),a7n8x-x,i was wondering about 2 settings in bios.
CPU interface,should this be optimal or aggresive?
And memory frequency,should this be by spd,or one of the percentages?
Ive got vdimm to 2.7,vcore at1.85,(high 40's full load) timing at 2.5,3,3,7.i am testing 205 fsb right now on prime95.
Everything look ok so far?First o/c THanks

Memory should certainly be 100%. The nforce architecture is only efficient when the memory and cpu buses are in sync. Also try changing that 7 to an 11 to take advantage of higher bandwidth, its a quirk with nforce2 that 11 gives more bandwidth at any FSB than other settings. Not really a big issue though.

Try both settings for the cpu interface, and run a benchmark like 3dmark 2001 and check to see how your score changes. On my rev 1.04 I always left it at aggressive because it gave higher scores than optimal, even if optimal got a higher stable fsb. My new a7n8x-e won't give me a choice at the moment, it is stuck on optimal.

Everything else looks good, keep an eye on the temps as you go up, if that cpu temp is from asus pc probe your nearing my personal limit. If that is an accurate diode temp from mother board monitor I wouldn't worry at all. But that's me and you'll have to get a feel for it yourself.

Good Luck!!!
:D

yes it is mm5,already got into trouble with asus probe.IM goingto try 11 for the timing then.and change to 100%,i was using by spd option.Thank you

Back