• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem hitting 2.4GHz with 2500+ & NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
I'm having problem hitting mine to 2.4GHz. It can boot into windows but would just locks up. :(

Spec:
NF7-S
2500+ (unlocked)
Corsair PC3200 XMS v1.1 2x256 dual channel
AX7 + H1A
Antec 430W PS

Right now I have it running at 1.825, 2.8, 1.7, 1.5 and ram timing at 11-2-2-2.5. 5/5 divider. BIOS is 20.

Temp varies around 40C full load (totally dependent on ambient temp).

At this setting it can fold no problem.

I've tried running it at 12*200 at 1.875, 2.8V, 11-3-3-2.5 but it still locked up on me. :(

Tried 11*215 at 1.8, 2.8, 11-3-3-2 and I think it locked up on me as well. :(

Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

I think my bottleneck is the ram. The guy I bought the CPU from got it up to 10.5*240 at 1.9V using the same board, so the CPU and mobo have the potential.

NF7S-v2 right?

What bios was the guy you bought it from running? 10.5 is broken on most bios versions.

IMO your voltage is way low to have that work. I have to push 1.95 to get in at 217x11 and loosen my ram timming to 11,3,3,2.5 (which doesnt hurt my performance very much) to make it prime stable.

Im still working out my bugs, but you sound exactly like me a few months ago when I settled for [email protected]. Now I wont rest until I get 217x11 and then 220+.

Before you go finger pointing and insult your poor innocent RAM, try loosening up your timmings and see if that gets you in. Your RAM might need more voltage also, but Im just beginning to figure out my RAM, so definently get more advice on the RAM.

definitely try the L12 mod, its probably one of the easiest and most effective way to get higher speeds on lower voltage and more stability.

Me 2, I'm pretty sure its only for the t-breds because they are 133 chips, so they work better when default is reset to 166. However there is a mod floating around for 166's to mod to 200 on default, people have said that it doesnt help as much as the L12 MOD but you might wanna try it.

The guy I bought it from didn't flash the BIOS, so it was whatever that came with version 2.

So try higher voltages like 1.85V and 2.9V? I'm a big worried since the temp was getting to 50C with 1.825V.

Also loose the timing to 11-3-3-2.5 then?

I've tried running it at 12*200 at 1.875, 2.8V, 11-3-3-2.5 but it still locked up on me.

that's not your board or your ram. that's your cpu. i'd recommened the modded bios 10, i have it attached. make sure you have interface disabled.
keep in mind that not all chips will do 2.4 :(

Attachments

• mv10.zip
    226.6 KB · Views: 161
crimedog said:

that's not your board or your ram. that's your cpu. i'd recommened the modded bios 10, i have it attached. make sure you have interface disabled.

I've read somewhere that someone tried 20 and then modded bios 10 and then the computer wouldn't boot up. It won't happen right?

Went back to 11*211 @ 1.8V. 11.5*204 @ 1.825 full load was giving me 48C and climbing. :eek: Don't feel comfortable with high temps. :eek:

I am having problems even getting 200Mhz on an unlocked Barton 2500, I am using 190Mhz with a mult of 11 right now anything higher then that and it will give my Windows error then I have to repair/reisntall all over again (Or ghost), I am using Bios 20 not the modded one couldn't find that, so should I try this L12 mod or what do you thing, also my mem timgs are 8,3,3,2.5 for Corsair twinx 3200< i have also tried higher voltage on the pro and the memery still no luck =0(

Tawcan said:

I've read somewhere that someone tried 20 and then modded bios 10 and then the computer wouldn't boot up. It won't happen right?

Went back to 11*211 @ 1.8V. 11.5*204 @ 1.825 full load was giving me 48C and climbing. :eek: Don't feel comfortable with high temps. :eek:

yes that was me. there awaya around it. what is it?

Hmmm just noticed that I don't have CPU interface disabled. I'm assuming, like it said in BIOS, disabled gives you a more stable machine right?

Tawcan said:
Hmmm just noticed that I don't have CPU interface disabled. I'm assuming, like it said in BIOS, disabled gives you a more stable machine right?

When I disable it I can reach much higher FSB speeds.

This problem sounds exactly like the one I am having, I've got my system booting stably in windows at 2.44, but it crashes halfway through benchmarks and games, I know I can go higher, but I need my vcore to get above 1.825, once I hit 1.85 the board starts beeping at me, lol... anyone know how to volt mod an NF7-S? At 1.75 it wouldn't boot at 2.44, once I went to 1.8+ it booted fine, and runs stable at 2.33, but I hace CPU interface enabled and I need to loosen my ram timings (2-3-3-10... need 2.5-3-3-11), but I need that damned volt mod! *drools at the thought of 2.4*... my SP-97 should be getting me there!! lol

Wow!

I was using Bios 19 and I just changed to that M-Bios 10.

I was at 215x10.5 @ 1.9Volts and not prime stable. But now im at for testing reasons:

200x10 @ 1.7V

And wow its nice to see my load at around 40C!

Thanks for the bios!!

Adam

crimedog said:

Hi,

What on earth is in this bios to allow for such drastic performance gain? I was stuck at 217fsb max. Couldn't get past it or even boot to say my life. I flashed to it from bios d2.0 and gave 217fsb a try. Worked no problems, raised it via nf7vcore to 218, 219, 220, 221-------------------------------------------230fsb all at 11 multi. I have a 2500+Barton AQZEA 0338 LOCKED but hell, 230fsb with ram timings of 11-2-2.5 Corsair XMS3200

I have a personal limit on vcore of 1.90 on air and this is all I used. Don't know how stable it would be doing prime at 230fsb but it did sandra and madonion with no problems. My games run with out crashing so for me this is fine.

The temps are really high compaired to the d2.0 bios. If I use same fsb, my temps are 5ºC higher. I hope this is a bios bug. Any way many thanks for the bios down load link :)

Later
RGP
:) :)

PS I also have cpu interface "ENABLED" and still reaching this kind of fsb on a locked cpu is fantastic.

does anyone know if you can get the modified d10 bios with the latest SATA in it? I am running d21 modified and SATA performance is great. The Raptors boot much quicker but I'm afraid to go to the d10 bios if it results in data corruption.

Back