• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 Modded bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
>Unhidden:
- Vdd/Chipset voltage selection : 1.6v - 1.8v
- AGP Volt : add 1.8v option
- IDE Prefetch Mode<

Can someone else please go first?

What is the default chipset voltage? I thought the board didn't have the hardware for the chipset mod. Wasn't that why the Uber bios had no effect?

What would the IDE Prefetch Mode do?

Does Motherboard Monitor have a setting to show the actual chipset voltage? I don't think so but I could be wrong.

I have the Bios Savior installed so I suppose I could do this without killing everything but I just installed Raid-0, SQL Server, VS.Net 2003, etc. I'd really hate to have smoke come out now.

But I did DL it.

emmmmm... wat do u mean by uber bios? i dont get wat u mean here?

i check again dat bios by default it is set at 1.6V here the screenshot...

nobody hav tested this bios yet.... hehehe

:rolleyes:

i just remove it from my server.... until some1 said it work:D
a7n8x.gif

Attachments

• a7n8x.gif
    a7n8x.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
ic.... then i wont work..... coz i only enable all hidden feature

n i dont wana mess up with bios source code here...:(

Tictac, its really cool that you did that, I'm impressed. It just sucks that Asus didn't put the hardware on the board to make your labor pay off.

It is ironic that they have other hardware on the board, like the winbond sensing chip, and then don't use the whole thing. I still love these boards though, oh well, volt mods are fun too.:D

If you want something to look at check out the 1008 bios for the a7n8x-e. It won't let me change the cpu interface to aggressive and I don't know why Asus didn't include it as an option. But, if you can enable it I'll give it a try.

Good luck, and don't kill yourself trying it if you don't want to, no big deal.:D

dgk, I've been looking for a chipset voltage and havn't found it in MBM 5. Edit, no its not there, I'm getting tired of sticking a multimeter in my case though, I may try to set up a monitor and get it to feed info to MBM.

Last edited:
Back