• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Onboard sound problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

I have been getting this problem since I built this system 2 months ago. I have cycled through 3 video cards, 3 RAM configurations, and several graphic settings.

Whenever I start up Half-Life, the sound gets totally tinny and crunchy. It's terrible- when I minimize and close all other windows, it sometimes works. I usually have to minimize 2-3 times, and the sound gets better, but it will occasionally revert back to its worse sound. My system is as below. Help!

I had that problem with a gigabyte board one time was getting a weird static in one of the speakers........come to find out I needed to dl the windows updates. After that worked fine........not sure about that board but worth a try.

Oh yeah it only happened to me when runnin XP

Peace,

BalliN

if you go to www.microsoft.com and look for windows updates or click tools then windows updates in ie it should take you to it. juss scan for updates and install all the critical ones for sure

Peace,

BalliN

Man.........where you the one saying you can't connect to the net with ie............that will be a problem :rolleyes:

have you tried the latest nforce drivers at nvidia.com......also is this onlyu on half-life...ie counter strike??....I too had some issues with the sound going all super loud and staticy and just yuk...I would have to restart to clear up the issue.....what I did to fix this problem is.....I downloaded the latest nforce drivers.....and added some simple extra cooling the the south bridge.....if I were you I would try the drivers...then if needed add the cooling to the south....I used an old graphics card with passive cooling to do this :D

Yeah, just Half-Life. I'll get those drivers and see if that works - if not, I have my old AMD heatsink for southbridge cooling. What do you use to seal it on?

Back