• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 gig of RAM on NF7-S - advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bananaman

Registered
Hi,

At the mo i have 2x256 of Corsair twinX 3200LL; i really want to bump up the amount to a gig, ready for the next gen games, but i dont know how to do it. I have about 100 UK pounds to spend, so i could eithet get 1 gig of cheap ram ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_TwinMOS_147.html#amy_2d007_2dtm ) or will it work if i get a stick of 512 and put it like this in my NF7-S rev.2

Chan 1{256+256} chan 2 {512}

Will that cause the board to become unstable? at the moment i am running at 211FSB.

Any advice will be great, thanks

The way i see it is you can either

Buy another stick of 512 pc3200 corsair cas2

or

Sell your existing ram and by a 1gig dual channel kit of either pc3200 twinmos or if you want to spend a bit more Corsair CAS2

If it was me i would go for the twinmos. It is very good ram and gr8 value for money. granted it cant run quite as good timings as the corsair but it is half the price!

My 2x256 twinmos will run 2.5-3-3-8 Timings at 215fsb perfectly thats very good for only £40. i cant see why the 2x512 kit would not achive the same kind of results.

Back