• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit kx7-333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Hey guys I have a big question. My dad just baught a new pc with an 3000+ barton in it and I was wondering if i could switch my cpu with his. (He wont notice:) ) I have a 1800+. Will my motherboard support a 3000+ and will the HP motherboard support the older 1800+

From Abit's site

KX7-333
"Processor
- AMD Socket A Duron (100MHz FSB) up to 1.3GHz
- AMD Socket A Athlon (100/133MHz FSB) up to 1.4GHz
- AND Socket A Athlon XP up to 2600+"

There are some people running the Barton's on that board with no problems.

It just isn't officially supported.

the kx7 is rated for 200 and 266mhz bus cpus. the barton is a 333mhz bus cpu.the fsb may not be the stopper but i don't know if the kx7 will handle the cache properly. its funny you asked this cuz i was gonna make the exact same post because i have to rma my new nf7 and was wondering if i could drop my barton in my kx7 til i got the new mobo back. anyone got a definite answer?i don't wanna guinea pig my new cpu.

It'll be fine.... people have run 2500's no problem, and overclocked to 2ghz+... Support for the cache is fine as well, windows seems to recognise and use it all.... Only thing is the cpu will display by clock speed rather than model number in bios.
As long as you have some 2700 ram there should be no problems (may have to set a divider if you dont) and you'll probably have to manually set the FSB and multiplier....

Back