• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone recommend a motherboard to me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

hello, i have just purchased a AMD 1900 tbrid and i wanna mobo which can change multiplier and fsb settings, but...i need it to be under 130 cad, or 95usd, does anyone have any recommendations? (i myself am not good at picking mobos, the first i picked had..lil oc ability )

Take a look at the nforce2 offerings from MSI, Asus, Abit, and Albatron. The best one is the Abit NF7 for your price range, check out some reviews of boards where you like the features.

nf7 non s is $79.99 at newegg.com!!!!! thats so cheap for such a great overclocking mobo!...that IMHO would be my first choice if it where me and I had to start from scratch on a budget....dont let the word budget fool you.....it's an AWSOME! mobo.....it's just the nf7-s without sata and firewire and supposedly worse sound.....but bah...save yourself some cash and get performance.....if you want that awsome sound shell out $15 more and get that DFI ifinity I hear it had better sound then the nf7-s.....if I could do it again I would have gone the nf7 route...I neever use sata or firwire.....and as for the sound.....I would have rather put that $15 towards a sound blaster audigy 2 platnium with the cool front mount ;)

I would get a NF7-S if you have the $10 to spare. You can get it at ExcaliberPC.com for $105..

It looks OK to me, but I don't have a clue how well it overclocks. The NF7 is a living legend, hence the reccomendation. Read some reviews to help you choose.

The MSI board is alright.. I have a few friends who have it and have had no problems. Although you if you want overclock, I would get either the DFI Ultra Infinity or NF7-S if you can afford it.

Back